Applications are now open for the Ayrshire Rural and Islands Ambition (ARIA) Fund.
The Ayrshire Rural and Islands Ambition (ARIA) Fund replacement to EU rural development fund LEADER. It is part of the Scottish Government's Community Led Local Development (CLLD) programme. It operates similar, bottom-up decision making to Ayrshire LEADER, delivered by representatives from the local area, the Local Action Group (LAG).
It is administered by South Ayrshire Council, and supported in 22/23 by a partnership of Volunteer Action South Ayrshire (VASA) and The Ayrshire Community Trust (TACT).
- Grants size: £5k to £50k.
- Grant requests of up to 90% of project costs will be considered (requiring at least 10% match funding).
- Eligible expenditure is permitted from 1st September 22, but this should constitute no more than 25% of grant requested between 1st September and November 22(the grant award date).
- Community Wealth Building
- Reducing Inequalities
- Just Transition to Net Zero
- Sustainable Tourism
- Scottish Government:
Revenue spend must form at least 70% of the overall fund 22/23 (not individual projects), with capital spend constituting a maximum of 30%. This highlights a need for revenue based projects, though capital project are eligible. Costs for new or continuing projects (where need/demand is demonstrated) will be eligible.
Rural Ayrshire & the islands of Arran & Cumbrae, defined in the eligible area map.
- Community groups/third sector organisations with a constitution/incorporation. Those without may be able to apply through a parent/sponsor organisation who are constituted/incorporated. Bank facilities of this parent/sponsor organisation would also be eligible.
Public bodies, where:
- The project does not form part of statutory duties.
- The applicant has wider community/third sector/public partnership representation and is only led by the public body.
- Organisations of up to 249 employees. Large organisations of 250/over are ineligible.
For more information, visit ARIA.
For more information, visit https://www.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/ariafund