Deadline: 4 May 2020
The British Association for American Studies (BAAS), supported by the United States Embassy, London is offering small grants for cultural, educational and outreach activities that will foster American Studies and lead to a more accurate and constructive understanding of the United States in the United Kingdom.
Grants may be requested for a range of activities, including (but not limited to):
- Curriculum development at all educational levels, especially primary and secondary levels;
- Student exchanges;
- US and UK Speaker programs;
- Film and arts programming;
- Conferences and symposia;
- Faculty development and exchange;
- Non-partisan programming on the 2020 election
- Public dissemination of academic research.
- These grants cannot be used for the supply of food or drink, or for prizes. Where flights to/from the United States are included, these must (under the Fly America Act) be provided by a US carrier.
- There are maximum figures payable for honoraria and for subsistence and overnight accommodation; again, further details will be provided. Awards cannot be made retrospectively.
In particular, BAAS encourages applications which seek to strengthen the field of American Studies in the UK, creating a resilient scholarly community who will continue to be able to promote the understanding of the US in the UK in the long term. Therefore applications for activities that engage with their strategic objectives will be prioritised:
- Encourage more demand for the pursuit of American studies as a specialized field of study;
- Seek to promote American studies as a field of study among women and within black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) communities and schools;
- Recruit for and spread awareness of American studies as a field of study for primary and secondary school students, with a focus on diversity;
- Encourage work in the field of American Studies across academic societies and within universities;
- Support program activities throughout the United Kingdom, particularly outside of London.
For more information, visit https://www.baas.ac.uk/opportunities-awards-2/research-funding/us-embassy-baas-small-grants-programme/
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.