“Aharenge Bank” Community Fund is an initiative of BML to empower individuals to contribute to their communities through sustainable projects.
As a prominent part of the Corporate Social Responsibility, they are excited to kickstart this initiative to create a positive impact in the communities!
BML is looking for ideas that improve community spirit, promote sustainability and provide a social opportunity. For example:
- Creating a Community Garden where everyone can plant vegetables, fruits, herbs and come together as a community
- Establishing Community Libraries to instill a love for reading and learning
- Installing solar powered lights in public areas such as schools and harbor
- Reinventing “holhuashi” to meet today’s community needs
- Building mobile apps that contribute to sustainable innovations within the community
- Promoting coding and innovation for children and youth
- Community Fund is a program to empower individuals and NGOs to contribute to their communities through sustainable projects. As of today, the Bank has provided financial assistance for projects in 40 islands across the country under Community Fund.
- The project is open for individuals, local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), women’s development groups, tech community movements and youth empowerment groups. Government and Business entities are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://www.bankofmaldives.com.mv/community-fund