The Berrien Community Foundation is seeking applications for its “For Good” Grants Program. The “For Good” Grants are open for two cycles per year and are available in two sizes: the “For Good” Major Grant and “For Good” Minor Grant.
The “For Good” Minor has a shorter, simpler form geared toward organizations with a smaller request and the “For Good” Major is a standard-length grant application.
Grants are reviewed in the following areas:
- Community Improvement and Special Needs;
- Youth Leadership and Development.
- The “For Good” Major Grant is for applications of $1,001- to $10,000.
- The “For Good” Minor Grant is for projects requests of up to $1,000.
The Berrien Community Foundation is most interested in funding Berrien County programs that:
- Take an imaginative and innovative approach;
- Focus on prevention;
- Solve critical local problems or address critical local needs;
- Can be sustained without continued funding from the community foundation;
- Encourage collaboration and cooperation among charities and do not duplicate existing services;
- Unite and build our communities behind a common goal;
- Attract volunteer resources and support; and
- Provide leverage for generating other funds or resources.
- “For Good” Minor Grant
To be eligible to apply for a Berrien Community Foundation “For Good” Minor Grant (requests up to $1,000) organizations must:
- Be a 501(c)3, school, government organization or religious organization doing community projects
- Be serving communities in Berrien County, Michigan
- For Good Major Grant
501c3 nonprofits must also provide the following:
- Tax ID number;
- Most recent official financial statements (Audited, if IRS required; otherwise compiled or reviewed);
- Most recent IRS Form 990N, 990EZ or 990;
- List of Board members;
- Current year operating budget.
For more information, visit https://www.berriencommunity.org/forgood