Deadline: 11 May 2016
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched a call for ideas for its 17th round of Global Grand Challenges Exploration with an aim to harness advances in science and technology to save lives, and all of the investments are driven by the need to develop and apply solutions that can be deployed, accepted, and sustained in the developing world.
Applications are invited to encourage innovators around the world to think outside the box and potentially address challenges outside their primary field of work. Applicants must review the priority funding areas for additional information and consider ideas that can be sufficiently tested within the scope of a GCE Phase I award ($100,000 USD over 18 months).
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The foundation is seeking innovative ideas to assess the burden of disease and to develop new diagnostics, especially to:
- Develop methods for simple preparation and preservation of stool samples for room-temperature transport and remote-analysis;
- Better understand cause of death from tissue samples;
- Develop point-of-care nucleic acid diagnostics to below $2 per test;
- Enable self-testing for cervical cancer;
- Develop malaria diagnostics to accelerate toward eradication.
- Develop methods for simple preparation and preservation of stool samples for room-temperature transport and remote-analysis
- Better understand cause of death from tissue samples
- Develop Point-of-care nucleic acid diagnostics to below $2 per test
- Enable self-testing for cervical cancer
- Develop malaria diagnostics to accelerate toward eradication
Proposal Selection Criteria
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Successful proposals will:
- Clearly describe how the idea, if successful, would help solve one of the challenges described in the call;
- Be directly relevant to the developing world (e.g. low-cost, useful across multiple geographical and cultural settings, self-sustaining);
- Have a clear and testable hypothesis and include an associated plan for how the idea would be tested or validated;
- Yield interpretable and unambiguous data in Phase I, in order to be considered for Phase II funding.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply by downloading the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Grand Challenges.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.