The Women’s Resource Centre (WRC) is inviting applications for the Black & Minoritised Women’s Fund to support and understand small specialist women’s groups and charities.
Through delivering programmes, creating networking opportunities and by campaigning and influencing decision-makers, the work that WRC does is essential to ensure a diverse and thriving sector that achieves the best outcomes for women.
Black and minoritised women’s organisations reported markedly more demand than other organisations in the following areas: emergency basic services; refuge beds; enquiries/signposting and mental health support. 58% of all organisations who completed the survey are a bit or very worried about surviving this crisis. 14% reported being very worried. Organisations outside of London are worried the most.
- Each organisation can apply for £10,000. An organisation can submit only one application (if you have previously applied for a £5,000, you cannot apply for a £10,000 grant) and cannot apply in partnership with another organisation.
- These grants are to help Black and minoritised women’s organisations, led-by-and-for women, which have been impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic, to support women and girls, dealing with the impact of COVID-19.
- They are really keen to fund small organisations that have limited access to funds and without funding core costs may consider reducing services or closing.
- You will already be doing great work to support local women and girls or recently started to assist communities impacted by COVID-19. You should have a track record of being well run and have a good understanding of the needs of women and girls. You should be ready and able to deliver services.
- Organisations/groups must be able to spend all of the £10,000 grant by December 2022, or within twelve (12) months of signed agreement.
- To be eligible for a grant, an organisation must:
- Be a Black and minoritised women’s organisation, led-by-and-for women, which is at least 75% of your senior team and trustees are women from Black and minoritised backgrounds.
- Have an annual turnover of less than £350,000 for £10,000 grants.
- Directly deliver services to Black and minoritised women and girls.
- Be an organisation impacted by COVID-19.
- Have an organisational bank account, or have a registered charity able to be accountable/hold funds on your behalf, which requires two different/independent people to authorise payments or cheques.
- Be delivering services in England
- Be a charitable organisation with written governing document, i.e. constitutions or articles of associations.
For more information, visit https://www.wrc.org.uk/Pages/Category/black-minoritised-womens-fund