Deadline: 14 February 2019
The present call for proposals is part of a continuing series of such calls by Blue Action Fund, providing individual grants to selected NGO marine conservation projects in developing countries. To better support regional ocean governance structures and foster co-operation between NGOs, the call focuses on a limited number of countries.
South East Asia is a bio-cultural hotspot encompassing about 20 per cent of global plant, animal and marine species. However, the region’s diverse biological resources are currently threatened by many climatic and human-related factors.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The thematic focus of projects should be:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Supporting ecologically representative and well-connected systems of Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) through enhancing management of existing MPAs, enlarging existing ones or establishing new MPAs;
- Supporting sustainable livelihoods in coastal communities dependent on MPAs and their buffer zones.
The current expectation is that Blue Action Fund will award four to six grants from this call with a total volume of up to EUR 12 million.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Blue Action Fund is looking forward to receiving proposals for projects that:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Are situated in Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Philippines, Vietnam (in case of transboundary projects, project components can also be carried out in Malaysia or Thailand);
- Ask for a contribution by Blue Action Fund of EUR 1-3 million;
- Can be completed within 3-5 years.
- Eligible applicants are international or regional NGOs with proven experience in coastal and marine conservation in the area.
- NGOs must have shown the capacity to implement larger projects and their reporting and financial management systems must be compliant with internationally recognized standards.
- The Fund encourages applications of consortia of NGOs that include local implementing partners.
- Blue Action Fund’s procedures require that all projects must receive the endorsement of the appropriate authority/authorized body of the country or region.
- Applicants must also provide substantial co-funding for the project.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Interested applicants send their concept note electronically in Word or PDF format via email at the address given on the website the with subject line “[your organization] Concept Note”.
For more information, please visit Blue Action Fund.