The Boone County Community Foundation is inviting charitable organizations in Boone County to apply for a community grant funded by the Melvin & Mildred Banks Grant Fund and the Wilbur & William Cummings Grant Fund.
Purpose of Funding
- To award grants for projects that enhance the quality of life in Boone County.
The Foundation Funds
- Health and social services
- Educational programs
- Community and neighborhood projects
- Children, youth, and family projects
- Cultural and arts-related projects
The Foundation does not Fund
- Budget deficits
What Foundation looks for in a Project?
- Addresses a community need
- Celebrates the diversity in their community
- Articulates reasonable, measurable outcomes
- Outlines a specific plan for the project
- Encourages cooperation with other organizations
- Demonstrates quality, vision, effectiveness, and good management
Criteria used in Awarding Grants
- Addresses community need, increases access for underserved people and fosters cooperation with other organizations or agencies
- Describe the plan for the project clearly and outline the planning process and completion goals
- Provide a balanced budget with expenses clearly indicated and evidence of cash match, in-kind, and other funding sources
- In-kind includes any goods or services that would have been purchased
- Provide evidence of the fiscal responsibility of the organization
- Provide measurable outcomes for the project
- Prior grant final report submitted by the deadline if the organization received funding for a previous project
- Be a not-for-profit organization or public sector service organization that carries out charitable projects and/or provides services in Boone County, IL.
- Operate an organization that does not violate anti-discrimination laws.
- Have submitted a final report or progress report from any previous year if the organization received a grant.
For more information, visit https://boonecountycommunityfoundation.org/grants/