The Brockville and Area Community Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant Program.
The Brockville and Area Community Foundation is still a modest foundation, and funds are limited, so grants are made based on the following general criteria:
- Arts & culture, children & youth, education, environment, health, heritage, recreation, social services, seniors and so on, unless a specific call for proposals has been made
- Grant proposals are welcomed from organizations in the preferred areas of: the City of Brockville, Town of Prescott, Athens, Front of Yonge Township, Elizabethtown-Kitley Township, Augusta Township and Edwardsburgh/Cardinal Township.
- Grants are generally under $2500 each, and generally for one year. Although they recognize the importance of day-to-day operating costs, at this time the Foundation makes grants for specific projects with a defined beginning and end, rather than contributing to operating costs or capital projects.
- The project must contribute to the quality of life in the community, and your proposal will explain how that is done by:
- Explaining how you identified a need for your project
- Describing who will be impacted by your project and how
- Showing how your organization can carry out this project successfully
- Proposals will require a budget that shows clearly how the funding will be used.
- If your organization has received a grant in the last calendar year, you may apply again, but priority will be given to qualified projects from organizations who did not receive a grant in the previous year.
- In order to be eligible to receive a grant from the Brockville and Area Community Foundation, the recipient must be a registered Canadian charity, as this is a Federal legal requirement. Applicants who do not have this status are eligible provided that they partner with a registered charity.
- Applications will be considered from qualified organizations that are located in the City of Brockville, Town of Prescott, Athens, Front of Yonge Township, Elizabethtown-Kitley Township, Augusta Township, and Edwardsburg/Cardinal Township.
- Applicants who do not have this status are eligible provided that they partner with a registered charity.
For more information, visit https://www.yourcommunityfoundation.ca/grant-application-form-c33.php