The Bulkley Valley Community Foundation is seeking applications to offer community grants to not-for-profit organizations in their area.
Their purpose is to enhance the quality of life in their communities. Their fields of interest are education, social/family, fine arts, cultural, health, youth, community and sports/recreation. In addition, they are interested in supporting projects that provide services for seniors.
- The BVCF has awarded grants since the early 1990s! Their funds come from interest earned on donations from many generous donors.
- Their smallest grants are for a few hundred dollars. They have awarded one or two grants for $5,000.00 but the average grant is in the $1,000.00 to $3,000.00 range.
- Their total available funding each year depends on donations and interest earned and is typically $25,000.00 to $35,000.00.
- The BVCF area extends from Topley to Kitwanga including Granisle, Houston, Telkwa, Smithers, the Hazeltons, and Upper Skeena regions in North Central B.C.
- Organizations that are registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply for BVCF grants.
How To Apply
- Read the following:
- BVCF Grant Policy;
- Guidelines for Partnering with a Registered Charity (If you are not a registered charity).
- Download, assemble and save your documents. Your application must include the following documents:
- Partnership Agreement with a Registered Charity. If applicable, work with your registered charity partner to complete this agreement.
- Most recent financial statement for the organization that is applying for the grant.
- Supplier quotes for the project, if available.
- The 4-page Grant Application Form.
- Submit your documents
- Enter your identification information in the fillable fields at the end of this page.
- Upload each of your saved documents. Be sure to include:
- Partnership Agreement with a Registered Charity if applicable;
- Financial statement for your organization;
- Supplier quotes for the project, if available;
- 4-page Grant Application Form.
Click the SUBMIT button to send in your complete package.
For more information, visit http://bvcf.ca/grants/grant-applications