The United States Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and non-U.S. based non-governmental (NGOs)/non-profit organizations or Educational Institutions for a Cooperative Agreement to implement a program entitled Assistance to Democratic Republic of the Congo to Combat Money Laundering, Financial Crimes, & Corruption.
The purpose of this project is for the recipient of this award to provide technical assistance and implement capacity-building activities to build the Government of DRC’s (GDRC’s) ability to investigate and prosecute AML/CFT and other financial crimes.
- Objective 1: The APLC has a comprehensive action plan to improve analytic capabilities, adherence to global standards, coordination among financial investigation bodies, and suspicious transaction reporting.
- Activity 1.1: Work with APLC to identify key stakeholders and inputs needed to create the work plan and timeline to draft the action plan.
- Activity 1.2: Assist the APLC in developing the action plan with inputs from relevant GDRC stakeholders and civil society.
- Activity 1.3: Support the APLC in finalizing the action plan with relevant stakeholders.
- Objective 2: Action plan implemented by the APLC, CENAREF, and the GDRC to improve analysis, investigation, and prosecution of AML/CFT and other financial crimes.
- Activity 2.1: Provide mentorship to APLC, CENAREF, and GDRC stakeholders in implementing the action plan.
- Activity 2.2: Provide technical assistance and any needed training to GDRC stakeholders as they implement the action plan.
Estimated Total Program Funding:
- Award Ceiling: $500,000
- Award Floor: $250,000
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education.
- Eligible organizations may include: (U.S. based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) or educational institutions having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS or overseas-based non-profit/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) or private/state educational institutions.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=328955