The Queensland Government is inviting applications for Business Basics Grants Program that provides specific support for the small business sector through the Big Plans for Small Business Strategy.
The Business Basics grants program (Program) provides support to businesses to increase core skills and adopt best practice.
- Applicants can apply for funding for grant funded activities in one of five priorities:
- Training and coaching
- Website build/upgrades
- Professional business advice
- Strategic marketing services
- Business continuity and succession.
- If successful, applicants will receive upfront fixed grant funding of $5,000 (excluding GST).
- The expected outcomes of the grants program are to:
- Increase confidence for business owners across core skills;
- Boost turnover, profit, and employment; and
- Improve business survivability and resilience.
- To be eligible to apply for this grant, the business must (at the time of applying)
- Have fewer than 20 employees (by headcount);
- Be operating and have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)1 ;
- Be registered for GST1 ;
- Have a Queensland headquarters 1 ;
- Have an expected turnover of $300,000 or less for the last financial year (2021-22);
- Not have been approved for funding under an earlier round of Business Basics;
- Have owners/directors that are not undischarged bankrupt1 ; and be solvent.
- DESBT will not fund the following activities:
- Activities bought using crypto-currencies, barter, or services in-kind
- General business operating costs (e.g., bookkeeping/accounting, tax returns)
- Real estate/property, hire, lease, or rental fees
- Goods, services, or fees from related parties
- Franchise fees
- Purchase of stock
- GST, registration, and fees
- Maintenance of existing digital technologies
- Fleet vehicles
- Computer hardware (e.g., computer servers, PCs, tabletsiPad, mobile phones)
- Other hardware / devices / equipment (e.g., televisions, EFTPOS, card and chip readers)
- Activities bought via direct selling (e.g., by party plan or network marketing)
- Delivery, credit card and transaction fees
- Memberships and joining fees
- Website hosting
- Implementation of marketing tactics such as advertising, direct marketing or campaign delivery (e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses).
For more information, visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/business-basics-grant