The Brisbane Women’s Club (BWC) is currently accepting applications to support a range of organisations, projects and activities aimed at empowering, educating and enabling local women to achieve their potential and greater gender equality.
The Brisbane Women’s Club (BWC) Charitable Giving Program comprises a variety of ways that BWC and its members can be involved in championing worthwhile causes that support local women – through activities such as goods drives, distribution of a BWC grant and scholarship, specific fundraising activities and volunteer opportunities.
BWC will provide one grant to an organisation that supports Brisbane (including local surrounds) women in one or more of the following areas and makes an impact by:
- improving the lives of local women;
- mentoring and guiding women to achieve equal participation in the social, cultural, economic and political arenas of Australian life; or
- leadership and advocacy programs around issues affecting women.
- Grant of up to $10,000.
- Applications for The BWC Grant 2023 are open to charitable organisations that are registered with the ACNC and have a valid ABN (however, it is not necessary to be registered for DGR status).
- BWC Grant will not be awarded directly to an individual.
- Applications must be submitted by eligible organisations.
- The funds received from the BWC Grant must be spent on projects that support women in Brisbane and local surrounds.
- The Grant funding must be spent by 31 December 2024.
- BWC Grants will not be awarded to, or for:
- Political parties;
- Government entities;
- Commercial sponsorships;
- Religious groups (except for projects that support a non-religious purpose);
- Retrospective requests;
- Debt retirement, budget deficits, endowments or bequest programs;
- General fundraising appeals; or
- Organisations that have received a BWC Grant in the last two (2) years.
For more information, visit Brisbane Women’s Club (BWC).