The Calgary Foundation is pleased to announce the Strategic Opportunity Grants to support small to mid-sized Calgary and area qualified donees with small, time-sensitive, strategic initiatives that fall into one of two categories:
- Organization Development: When charities identify a time-sensitive opportunity to bring outside expertise into the organization in order to build capacity, strengthen board governance, conduct HR assessments, or support professional development.
- Program Development: When charities identify a time-sensitive opportunity to strategically advance their work by piloting a new program idea, testing an innovative enhancement to current program offerings, or improving outcomes for program participants.
Calgary Foundation welcomes all eligible initiatives, particularly those that help further the Calgary Foundation’s priority areas:
- Poverty reduction
- Encouraging mental health
- Living a creative life
- Strengthening relationships with Indigenous communities
- Pursuing an environmentally sustainable future
- Align with the Calgary Foundation’s mission, vision and values;
- Are small, short-term (approx. 6-8 mos.) And strategic;
- Are of direct benefit to Calgary and area communities;
- If applicable, demonstrate cooperation with other organizations and service providers with expertise in the initiative area; and
- Demonstrate readiness and good planning.
For more information, visit https://calgaryfoundation.org/grantsawards-loans/types-of-grants/strategic-opportunity/