The Immigrant Council for Arts Innovation (ICAI) is excited to announce that the application for the Immigrant Arts Mentorship Program (IAMP) is now open.
IAMP is a program for immigrant and refugee newcomer’s artists and/or arts administrators to connect, learn, and grow through one-on-one mentorship with an experienced colleague in their artistic discipline. ICAI has identified a need for community building and professional development for immigrants especially newcomer creative’s in Calgary and through this program, they want to provide a platform for learning and growth. All applicants seeking mentorship will be paired with a mentor with experience in the area in which they seek mentorship.
Newcomer and immigrant artists and arts managers in Calgary may have many challenges when finding work in the arts field. It could be access to reliable information, not knowing where to go for information or for networking opportunities. IAMP aims to be a platform for intentional networking for professional artists and arts managers where the newcomers who are immigrants/refugees can blend in, learn and establish themselves to pursue their artistic practice in the Canadian context.
Some benefits of IAMP:
- Enrichment and expansion of their artistic vision
- Greater confidence in their creative process and expression
- Acquisition of new tools and methods to help develop their professional practice
- Opportunities to forge close, strong ties with other artists that open new doors to the world
- Confidence in their previous acquired skills from their home country
- Increase knowledge of the arts community in their new home
- $1,000 honorarium for mentees
- Individuals who are artists (any form of art), arts administrators, cultural leaders and/or others with similar aspirations
- The applicants should be a newcomer and less than 7 years in Canada
- Should be 18+ years of age
- Lives in Calgary
- Undergraduate students are not eligible
For more information, visit http://icaionline.org/2021/04/02/call-for-applications-immigrant-arts-mentorship-program-iamp/