The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) seeks applications for funding to develop, enhance, or expand programs for girls in the juvenile justice system and girls at risk of becoming involved in the juvenile justice system.
This program furthers DOJ’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve public safety by helping jurisdictions more effectively reinvest resources that empower girls in the juvenile justice system and at-risk girls with the skills needed to lower engagement in risky behaviors, further their own personal development, and/or facilitate successful reintegration of girls involved in the juvenile justice system.
The goal of this program is to reduce risk factors and promote protective factors for girls who come in contact with the juvenile justice system, and place them on a path toward success, stability, and long-term contribution to society.
For the purposes of this solicitation, “at-risk girls” and “girls involved in the juvenile justice system” refer to girls age 17 and younger who are in need of guidance, treatment, or rehabilitation due to unhealthy behaviors (i.e., substance use, sexual exploitation, gang involvement, truancy, running away, delinquency) or have been arrested or referred for intake to a public agency (state, Tribal, city, or county) legally responsible for handling criminal offenses.
An applicant should address all the objectives that are relevant to their proposed program/ project in the Goals, Objectives, Deliverables and Timeline web-based form. Funded sites under this initiative will work to accomplish the following objectives:
- Increase protective factors to prevent further delinquent behavior by girls involved in proposed programs funded under this solicitation.
- Improve juvenile justice system responses for girls in contact with the juvenile justice system.
- Anticipated Number of Awards: 8
- Anticipated Maximum Dollar Amount of Awards: $525,000.00
- Period of Performance Duration (Months): 36
- Anticipated Total Amount to be Awarded Under Solicitation: $4,060,229.00
An applicant should address all the deliverables in the program/project in the Goals, Objectives, Deliverables and Timeline web-based form. Applicants should discuss how they will implement the following deliverables in their application that will be delivered as a result of this program:
- Develop and implement direct service programs for girls involved in the juvenile justice system to reduce reoffending OR enhance or expand existing early intervention programs to meet the specific needs of girls at risk or involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Work collaboratively with the OJJDP training and technical assistance provider to implement a planning process, as needed, and identify and implement evidenceinformed practices to reduce risk factors and promote protective factors for girls who come in contact with the juvenile justice system.
- Participate in an annual grantee meeting hosted by the OJJDP training and technical assistance provider.
- City or township governments,
- County governments,
- For profit organizations other than small businesses,
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized),
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments),
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS,
- Other than institutions of higher education,
- Private institutions of higher education,
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education,
- State governments, Other.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.