The Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal is inviting applications for its In a Good Place – a national grants program funded by CCI Giving to support community-driven initiatives that reduce social isolation, increase social participation and connectedness, and encourage people in remote, rural and regional communities who are at risk of, or are experiencing, mental health issues to seek help.
By supporting local solutions and using a multi-faceted approach focused on enhancing people, place and wellbeing, our donor partner, CCI Giving, aims to give back to those overcoming challenges and adversity, and to the most marginalised in society.
- Reduce social isolation;
- Increase social participation and connectedness;
- Increase help-seeking
of members within remote, rural and regional communities who are at risk of, or are experiencing, mental health issues.
Priority will be given to initiatives that:
- Are delivered via non-clinical first providers of mental health care, such as school counsellors and teachers, pastoral care teams, neighbourhood or community groups, or via technological or other innovative methods;
- Improve accessibility and availability of mental health services, tools or support to areas with limited or no access to the same;
- Provide innovative responses that are inclusive, building social connections that lead to better mental health;
- Confront stigma surrounding help-seeking behaviour.
- The program comprises one grant round per annum, offering grants of up to $20,000 from an annual funding pool of $200,000.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Serving communities with populations under 10,000 in rural, regional and remote communities nationally;
- Run by, and based in, the beneficiary community/ies;
- Responding to specific population mental health and wellbeing issues within a local community;
- Sustainable beyond the period of the grant;
- Do not duplicate an existing service or program.
- Can clearly measure and report on project outcomes.
- To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a not-for-profit, community-based organisation with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate;
- Project must offer clear public benefit (i.e. has a charitable purpose);
- Organisations with or without DGR endorsement are eligible to apply;
- Organisations can submit one application per grant round; and
- Projects must be in a remote, rural or regional area.
For more information, visit https://frrr.org.au/funding/place/in-a-good-place/