The British Embassy in Conakry in Guinea is pleased to invite proposals for projects.
The United Kingdom remains committed to a stable and prosperous Guinea by supporting women and girls, human rights and civil society, good governance, environmental protection and encouraging a business climate conducive to investment.
They encourage NGOs to propose initiatives aimed at improving the daily life of Guineans. They are looking for interesting and very creative project proposals that will have a direct impact on the living conditions of the beneficiaries. They therefore invite accredited NGOs to bid for funding by sending project proposals.
Issues on which they welcome bids include (but are not limited to):
- women and girls, unlocking their potential, agency and freedoms through education as well as women’s empowerment and women’s rights, girls’ rights and education, gender-based violence and youth entrepreneurship
- good governance
- sustainable economic development
- human rights and open societies
- agriculture and climate change
- proposals should not exceed 200,000,000 GNF
- projects must be completed by 31 March 2024
- Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- project impact: delivering sustainable, meaningful change and a direct impact on the living conditions of beneficiaries
- project viability: including the capacity of the implementing organisation to deliver outcomes
- project design: there must be clear links between the proposed activity and the project outcomes
- risk management: robust analysis of key risks, and a plan of action to manage and mitigate those risks
- value for money: including the number of direct beneficiaries and the scale of achievable outcomes
For more information, visit International Programme Fund.