United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced the Small Grants Programme (SGP) to support small scale projects relating to the 5 thematic areas, for activities that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing people’s wellbeing and livelihoods, taking into consideration gender, vulnerability and equality concerns.
The objective of the 7th Operational Phase of the Small Grants Programme is “to promote and support community-based innovative, inclusive and impactful initiatives and foster multi-stakeholder partnerships at the local level to tackle global environmental issues in priority landscapes and seascapes”.
- Community landscape/seascape conservation;
- Climate-smart innovative agroecology;
- Low carbon energy access co-benefits;
- Local to global chemical management coalitions;
- CSO-government policy and planning dialogue platforms;
- Promoting social inclusion: i. Gender mainstreaming ii. Youth involvement iii. Indigenous Peoples fellowships.
- The maximum grant amount obtainable per project is US$ 30,000.
- However, in exceptional cases, US$ 50,000 may be considered.
- The maximum duration is 24 months.
- Civil society organizations (CSOs) with priority for national and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and scientific communities, advocating for the rights of persons with disabilities, women, and children.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2TKvigE