The Institute for Media and Diversity, together with the Umbrella Organization of Youth of Serbia, PU Local Press, the Institute for Media and Diversity – Western Balkans and the Society for News Publishing Agenda 2020 has announced a call for financial support (grant) to youth and youth organizations.
The call was opened within the YOUTH project, which aims to encourage and enable civic participation of young people. They want to empower young people in Serbia to be engaged, informed and responsible democratic citizens, and they see media and digital literacy as well as the increased visibility of young people in the media as a means to achieve that goal.
The purpose of the call is to increase the efficiency of local civil society organizations (CSOs) in Serbia that deal with youth and local media, in creating content for new (digital) and traditional media that encourage and raise awareness of the importance of youth participation in a democratic society. The program should contribute to increased visibility of young people, show a positive image of young people who participate and have a voice in society, and shed light on the problems that young people face.
The specific objectives of the call are:
- Increasing youth engagement at the local level;
- Improving the visibility and presence of young people in the media;
- Contribution to the positive perception of young people among the general public;
- Improving communication of local CSOs with the media;
- Cooperation of youth and media at the local level.
- The total budget of the support program for civil society organizations is 60,000 euros. Within the Program, support of a maximum of 20 projects (grants) is planned; the individual value of the grant is between 2,000 and 5,000 euros.
The types of activities that CSOs can apply for include (these are examples and other activities are considered):
- Advocacy and awareness campaigns;
- Production and distribution of media content;
- Consultations, round tables and meetings with local actors;
- Facilitating dialogue on public policies with stakeholders (e.g. local officials, professional community, and media).
CSOs responding to this call must meet the following conditions:
- That they are registered with the Business Registers Agency based in Serbia and that they have settled all legal obligations regarding reporting;
- Have experience in the field of youth or media engagement;
- Be directly responsible for project preparation and management;
- That they do not have recorded bases and orders in forced collection (that the account is not blocked);
- That the organizations are not beneficiaries of the funds of the Delegation of the European Union within the CIVIL SOCIETY FACILITY AND MEDIA PROGRAM 2016-2017 budget line 22.020401;
- Organizations can submit only one project proposal under this Program as a holder or as a partner.
For more information, visit https://localpress.org.rs/otvoreni-poziv-za-dodelu-finansijske-podrske-organizacijama-mladih-i-za-mlade/
Nice call and we @save humanity Africa SHA will drop our proposal.
How can I access financial support if I have an idea of forming Ngos
To find great opportunities for your cause, please visit: https://www2.fundsforngos.org