The French Development Agency (Agence Française de Développement – AFD) is pleased to announce a call for project proposals for “Supporting Farmers’ Livelihoods through Collective Organizations in Selected Localities“.
The call aims at financing one development project managed by International and South-Sudanese non-governmental organizations (NGO) or other non-profit organizations.
- This project will be funded through a grant. AFD has earmarked a grant of maximum EUR 500,000 to fund one single project, or contribute to an existing project, with a duration of a maximum of 24 months.
The Project Lead Institution (or PLI):
- Must be registered in South Sudan and authorized to work in the selected state (s) or localities.
- Must have a local office in South Sudan, and be used to working closely with Sudanese partners at national and local levels;
- Must have past experience in project implementation in South Sudan, especially in the agricultural and rural development sector, and in social cohesion, resilience and livelihood support activities;
- Should be able to collaborate smoothly:
- with the South-Sudanese authorities especially the Ministry of Agriculture and the Department of Agriculture in the selected state (s), as well as
- with AFD local office in Nairobi and AFD headquarters in Paris;
- Should have the capacity to implement projects in fragile settings.
- Must demonstrate a capacity to implement and manage financially and logistically projects of the scale of the proposal. In this respect, the turn-over of the lead organization over the last three accounting periods must be at least 3 times the amount of the proposal.
- Must be capable of receiving funds in an account abroad and ensuring transfers to the bank accounts of its partners if any.
- Will sign the financing agreement with AFD.
For more information, visit https://afd.dgmarket.com/tender/40438249