The King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) is currently accepting applications for the Ernest Solvay Fund.
What is it about?
The Ernest Solvay Fund offers financial support to initiatives in 3 areas:
- STEM education. This concerns Science (mainly chemistry, physics and earth sciences), Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. Digital education is also included.
- Scientific progress and innovation. Medical and pharmaceutical fields are not included.
- Sustainable development (in relation to climate change, resource use and the circular economy).
- Support Until: € 10,000
- The choice of scientific/technological (STEM) education/studies among young people;
- The engagement in scientific research and the environment;
- Sientific and technological entrepreneurship.
- Applications for scholarships or fellowships in the framework of a doctoral thesis or post-doctoral research are not eligible. Congresses are eligible as long as they bring together young people for educational purposes.
- All projects must be located in a country where Solvay is active.
During its selection process, the jury will pay attention to the following criteria:
- The potential impact of the project. In this regard, the Selection Committee will be attentive to the number of people affected by the project.
- The communication of the KPI’s requested in the application form (age of the beneficiaries and their number).
- The innovative and original nature of the project.
- The project must be clear, concrete and realistic.
- It must be possible to implement it with the stated funding and within the stated timetable.
- The summary of the project must be as accurate as possible and it has to be stated to what expenses the Fund’s grant is going to be allocated.
- the funding provided by the Fund
- Can be complementary but should not take the place of public funding.
- Covers the expenses necessary to carry out the project, not the sponsoring expenses related to the marketing or advertising, nor logistical costs.
- Must be critical to the success of the project. The jury will select projects where the support provided by the Fund makes a real difference to the beneficiary organization.
For more information, visit King Baudouin Foundation.