UN Women Serbia is inviting civil society organizations (CSOs) registered in Serbia, with experience in working in the field of women’s rights, their empowerment and/or and violence against women and girls to submit project proposals.
Proposals should focus on context-specific outreach and capacity-building activities for empowering rural women and girls for life without violence and information sharing of the available and accessible mechanisms for protection from VAWG and gender-based discrimination, under the project “Improved Safety of Women in Serbia”.
The long-term project goal is that women and girls in Serbia live in a society free from gender-stereotypes and violence. The project’s focus is to ensure safety of women and girls through strengthened capacities of relevant stakeholders, enhanced legislation, improved institutional and organizational framework, institutional responses, and awareness-raising. The project takes a holistic approach to violence against women and girls (VAWG) to ensure a higher impact, and operate at individual, relationship, community, and society levels by focusing on security and justice sectors and independent protection mechanisms.
The project aims to contribute to overcoming challenges and barriers in the implementation of the legislation caused by the limited institutional capacity at regional and local levels by targeting support and tailor-made interventions for different stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- The budget range for this proposal should be up to USD 20,000.
Non-exhaustive list of types of activity which Responsible Party should undertake under this CfP are:
- Develop and implement initiatives and activities contributing to empowerment of rural women and girls to live lives without violence and discrimination and boost their economic resilience
- Develop and implement capacity/ confidence building activities reaching as many rural women and girls as possible to improve their knowledge about discrimination and violence, and/or use of available services for protection from VAWG and gender-based discrimination.
- Develop and implement awareness raising actions, reaching as many rural women and girls, man and boys, as possible, using traditional and social media, as well as different innovative ways of communication
- Technical/functional competencies required;
- Experience in strengthening and promoting the human rights of women and girls in general, including rural women and girls in particular;
- Experience in managing projects related to women human rights, their empowerment and/or and violence against women and girls (VAWG).
- Other competencies, which while not required, can be an asset for the performance of services:
- Experience in promoting and strengthening rural women and girls in the Serbian context;
- Innovative approach to empowerment of women and girls, including rural women and girls;
- Previous experience in working with UN entities will be an asset.
For more information, visit https://eca.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2021/09/un-women-serbia