The International Renaissance Foundation (IRF) is calling for proposals for Mini grants for European Networking and Cooperation to build up the capacity of the International Renaissance Foundation’s Ukrainian partner CSOs to participate in international cooperation and networking at the European level.
The attraction of international expertise, joint activities with foreign partners, and accession to international coalitions considerably enhance the capacity of Ukrainian civil society organizations in attaining their strategic goals.
Presently, international cooperation is challenged by the Covid-19 pandemic that has limited international travel. This is compensated, to a certain extent only, by the increased use of online communication tools – however, here too, the need arises to raise the quality of such communication, not only scale up its amount.
The overall goal of the Project is to strengthen the involvement, sustainability, capacity, relevance, and influence of Ukrainian civil society in addressing current domestic, regional, and global challenges.
The projects may address various themes provided that these themes comply with the existing strategy of activities of the organization and the scope of its project that was supported by the IRF.
- Minimum grant amount – UAH 50,000
- Maximum grant amount – UAH 150,000
- Optimum grant amount – UAH 100,000 to UAH 120,000
- Maximum project implementation period – 6 months
- Preparing (small) joint analytical materials (policy briefs, analytical essays, position papers, etc.) in cooperation with nongovernmental experts / think tanks from EU and EaP countries;
- Jointly creating and distributing audiovisuals adapted for an international audience;
- Engaging international partners in the provision of expertise and consultation on their experience in promoting reforms and developing international cooperation;
- Strategic planning of joint advocacy activities;
- Organizing and/or participating in (online) discussions and public events in conjunction with European partners involving stakeholders from Ukraine and/or EU/EaP;
- Membership in international networks.
- The applicant shall be an organization that received the IRF grant support in 2020-2021;
- The project’s partner(s) shall be either think tank(s) from an EU and/or EaP country (countries) or an international European civil society network (coalition, platform, etc.);
- Proof of established cooperation/contacts with the partner(s) shall be attached to the project proposal;
- The contents of the project proposal shall provide for joint activities with the partner(s); proposals providing participation in training and other international events without establishing and carrying out partnership activities will not be supported;
- The contents of the project proposal shall include justification that the proposed activities comply with the existing strategy of the organization and are relevant for enhancing the effect of the project supported by the IRF in 2020-21;
- The project implementation shall facilitate the implementation of the European integration reforms and the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and shall help in making the presentation of Ukrainian interests at international (European) institutions stronger.
For more information, visit https://www.irf.ua/contest/konkurs-mini-grantiv-yevropejske-merezhuvannya-ta-spivpraczya/