Deadline: 22 June 2020
The European Commission has announced a Call for proposals to support sport-related projects organised by sport organisations, especially umbrella sport organisations, aiming at the prevention of radicalisation.
Sport can play a role in dealing with the challenge of tackling radicalisation, of making people better integrated in society and may therefore contribute to enhance values such as tolerance, integration and intercultural dialogue.
In particular, it will focus on the practise of sport and physical activity as a tool to promote a better integration of populations at risk of exclusion and radicalisation in the society in which they are leaving.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
This action aims at supporting sport-related projects organised by sport organisations and federations cooperating with public authorities (including municipalities), local actors and civil society. This action will focus on the prevention of radicalisation, in particular in helping youngsters at risk of exclusion and of radicalisation to better integrate in the society in which they are leaving. It will focus on the practise of sport and physical activity as a tool to promote a better inclusion to a group or in the society as a whole. A particular focus will be put on areas facing social problems. The gender equality dimension will be taken into account. This preparatory action will involve sport organisation and/or federations that, in cooperation with local authorities and organisations working on the fight against radicalisation, will offer tools and appropriate activities and coaching in order to prevent the radicalisation processes.
The expected outcomes include:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The access to sport and physical activity of populations at risk of exclusion and radicalisation
- The training of coaches and staff working on integration through sport
- The development of networks and partnerships at EU level
- A better integration into EU societies amongst people at risk of radicalisation, in particular youngsters .
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is estimated at 900.000 EUR.
- Grants will be of a maximum of 200.000 EUR per project
- Grants will be of a minimum of 100.000 EUR per project
- The Commission expects to fund approximately 4 proposals (i.e. to sign 4 grants of 225.000 EUR in average).
- The duration of the activities will be of a minimum of 24 months and of a maximum of 36 months.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The proposed activities must take place in at least 5 different EU Members States.
A non-exhaustive list of the main activities eligible under this call for proposals is listed below:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Development of sport and physical activities for people at risk of radicalisation
- Design and development of networks at EU level amongst organisations engaged into the prevention, through sports, of marginalisation and radicalisation;
- Organisation of workshops, seminars and conferences aimed at spreading the information, expertise and cooperation opportunities relating to the prevention of marginalisation and radicalisation through sport.
- Development, identification, promotion and sharing of activities and good practices, at EU level, about monitoring and coaching, through sports, of people at risk of radicalisation;
- In order to be eligible, projects must be presented by applicants meeting the following criteria:
- be a public or private organisation with legal personality who is mainly active in the sport field and that regularly organise sport activities and competitions;
- have their registered legal office in one of the EU Member States.
- Proposals may be submitted by any of the following applicants (the list is not exhaustive and is given for example only):
- Umbrella sport organisations
- International Sport organisations or federations
- Non-profit organisation (private or public) active in the field of sport;
- Public authorities (national, regional, local) active in the field of sport;.
- Natural persons are not eligible to apply for a grant under this call.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
In order to assess the applicants’ eligibility, the following supporting documents are requested:
- private entity: extract from the official journal, copy of articles of association, extract of trade or association register, certificate of liability to VAT (if, as in certain countries, the trade register number and VAT number are identical, only one of these documents is required);
- public entity: copy of the resolution, decision or other official document establishing the public-law entity ;
For more information, visit https://ec.europa.eu/sport/funding/calls/call-monitoring-and-coaching-through-sports-2020_en