The Embassy of Switzerland in India and Bhutan is hereby calling for Indian or International Civil Society Organizations (CSO) to submit project proposals for funding via the Swiss Embassy Small Action Fund.
The Embassy can support projects in the area of human security on topics such as human rights, migration, humanitarian work, peace, good governance and democracy, inclusivity and gender or in the area of development / poverty reduction.
- The financial commitment to selected project depends on the proposal submitted and the overall budget available at the Embassy. Typically, project funds range between 10-12’000 CHF.
- Funding is available for specific activities and projects (such as training, workshops etc.); proposals that exclusively request funding for staffing or purchasing supplies will not be considered.
- The funded activities need to be implemented within one calendar year, i.e. 2023. Specifically, the project duration shall be from time of signing in early 2023 until latest end of October 2023, leaving sufficient time for submission and approval of final reports.
- The same organization cannot be supported two years consecutively. However, the activities funded by the Swiss Embassy can be part of a larger project that covers multiple aspects or spans over a longer time, the limitations above are purely for the specific activities to be funded by the Embassy.
- Only CSO registered with the CSO-Authority are eligible. Organisations must be eligible to receive foreign funding (all Statutory and Legal requirements as per the Govt. of India have to be fulfilled).
- The funds are intended for concrete projects and activities (such as training, workshops, building of facilities etc.), not general budget support or purchasing tangible assets.
- The activities need to be implemented within one calendar year (i.e. 2023).
- The same organisation cannot be supported two years in a row.
- With the above in mind, the activities funded by the Swiss Embassy can be part of a larger project that covers more aspects or spans over a longer time.
For more information, visit Embassy of Switzerland in India and Bhutan.