The Women United for Economic Empowerment (WUEE) in partnership with United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) announces a Call for a small grant applications for interested and eligible CSOs/CBOs in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States, on Strengthening Good Governance and Democratic Processes at Local Level in Nigeria.
The project seeks to increase the capacities of 20 civil CSOs/CBOs and Local Government Chairmen in order to help them fulfill their roles and responsibilities more effectively in a democratic system. It is meant to strengthen good governance and democratic processes at the local level in Nigeria and to increase citizen participation. The project shall be conducted in Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. Trained representatives of selected CSOs and CBOs shall in conjunction with local stakeholders organize civic education programs for Twenty Thousand (20,000) local citizens in their local communities (1,000 per CSO/CBO), in order to promote citizens’ understanding and participation in the democratic processes.
- Be Not-for-profit organizations.
- Have expertise in governance programming.
- Have a presence in the Local Government/community in which the program will be conducted.
- Be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Have a track record of working with indigenous women, youth, persons with disabilities (PWD).
- Be willing to comply with all technical and financial requirements for participation in the program, including reporting and documentation of project activities, communication strategy, and capacity development opportunities.
- Be willing to participate in assessments, training, workshops, meetings, and other activities considered important for achieving the project goals.
- Not more than five (5) pages of the narrative proposal including a detailed monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan and proposed activities.
- A detailed project budget as an appendix.
- A copy of the CAC certificate and evidence of other relevant registration documents.
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/WomenUtdEconEmpwr/