The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Hanoi announces a call for proposals of the small local projects, which could be supported by a financial contribution within the framework of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
Small local projects are small-scale development projects that are managed directly by the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Hanoi. The project implementer is a local entity registered in Vietnam. It can be an educational, healthcare, social or cultural institution, a non-governmental non-profit organization, a cooperative, a local administration body or a local community.
The aim of this bilateral foreign development cooperation instrument of the Czech Republic is not to build capacity of the implementer but to support its development activities of a smaller scale. The small local projects should not only bring development outputs, but should also contribute to increasing the visibility of the Czech Republic in the country. Various projects can be supported, such as projects to promote local development, improve health or medical care, eradicate poverty, make education available, educate people in rural areas, protect the environment, or improve the position of women in the society.
- The financial contribution for a small local project is up to 500,000 CZK (approx. 20,000, – USD). Each organization may apply for a contribution of several projects, but only one project of the applicant may be supported from the funds of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
- A small local project can only be implemented by a local entity having legal subjectivity in the country. A contribution cannot be claimed by an individual.
- The project must be relevant to the needs and priorities of the target country and must be in line with the priorities of the Czech Republic development cooperation.
- The project should be effective and economical, for which reason all receipts must be documented. Personal costs (wage/fee, diet, accommodation, travel insurance, vaccination and other personnel costs) must not exceed 25 % of the total budget. It is recommended that the contribution does not cover the overall budget of the project but to ensure its co-financing from other sources.
- The project must be implemented from the date of the contract’s signing (about March 2024) to October 2024. An extension of the project to November 2024 or subsequent months is inadmissible.
For more information, visit Embassy of the Czech Republic in Hanoi.