The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is seeking applications for Empowerment of vulnerable groups in Portugal.
The present call for applications lays down the specifications to apply for large projects under Outcome 3 of the Programme – “Vulnerable groups are empowered”, one of the four areas of the Active Citizens Fund in Portugal as set forth in Article 3 of the Programme Rules.
- Projects to be selected under this Call shall aim primarily at empowering vulnerable groups and shall consider the overall objectives of the Programme as set forth in Article 2 of the Programme Rules.
- Large projects under this area shall have a total supportable cost above 30 000 euros and less than or equal to 120 000 euros.
- The maximum duration of large projects to be selected under this call for applications shall be 30 months.
- Adoption of participatory methods and/or innovative solutions in addressing the needs of vulnerable groups;
- Creation or improvement of support services to empower vulnerable groups;
- Support for youths at risk of social exclusion, including from marginalised communities, in order to promote successful social and professional paths;
- Support for victims of domestic and sexual violence, including their physical, psychological and social rehabilitation;
- Support for the integration, in its various components, of refugees, migrants, Roma and other minority groups;
- Support for the integration of former prisoners, homeless people and other marginalized or at-risk groups, including through the use of the arts, sport or culture;
- Provision of training for the economic empowerment of vulnerable individuals, in order to promote their integration in the labour market;
- Support for the mobilisation of older peoples’ knowledge for the benefit and inclusion of newer generations in marginalised communities, in particular through intergenerational cooperation and mentoring initiatives;
- Creation or development of digital solutions that may facilitate the integration and empowerment of individuals who are in vulnerable situations.
- Project promoters must comply with the general conditions of eligibility of the Programme established in Articles 9 and 10 of the Programme Rules.
- In the context of this call for applications, it is mandatory that projects are implemented through partnerships. Partner entities must comply with Articles 9 and 12 of the Programme Rules.
- Under Outcome 3, projects addressing specific vulnerable target groups shall in principle involve organisations created and composed by members of these groups, either as promoter or partner entity, as referred in paragraph 5 of Article 11 of the Programme Rules.
- Each entity, either as a promoter or as a partner, must comply with the limits on accessing support stated in paragraph 4, Article 19 of the Programme Rules.
- Applicants may also have access to bilateral cooperation initiatives for match-making and search for project partners, and to prepare donor partnerships for large projects under a separate call for applications.
For more information, visit https://gulbenkian.pt/cidadaos-ativos/en/grant/empowerment-of-vulnerable-groups/