The Community Foundation of Greater Peterborough has announced a call for applications for 2020 Vital Community Grants Program to support the efforts of local charities as they recover from the initial impacts of COVID-19.
Priority will be given to organizations whose services and programs primarily serve vulnerable residents in the greater Peterborough region. A growing body of evidence shows that COVID-19 has had the most significant impacts on individuals living with disabilities, newcomers, LGBTQ+, Indigenous, Black and racialized communities, women, children, youth and low-income individuals.
- Operating grants of up to $5,000 will help charities define their “new normal” as they continue to recover from and adapt to changes brought about by the global pandemic.
These operating grants will bridge the gap between emergency funding and longer-term recovery while organizations consider questions like:
- What will it take for them to continue the work over the next 18 to 24 months?
- Do they have the right team leading?
- What risks are they facing?
- How might they use this opportunity to change how they deliver the services or business model?
- How can they work with clients to eliminate barriers that prevent them from accessing services?
- What new collaborations could they build with other organizations?
- How can they advocate for more support for sector?
For more information, visit https://cfgp.ca/funding-now-available-vital-community-grants-2020/