The First Peoples’ Cultural Council (FPCC) is seeking applications for its Indigenous Cultural Heritage Micro-Grant (ICH MG) to support the performance, preservation or sharing of Indigenous heritage, increasing knowledge sharing with Elders or assisting in the development of cultural heritage skills in Indigenous communities.
- undertake activities supporting the performance, preservation and / or sharing of Indigenous heritage
- increase knowledge sharing with elders
- assist in developing cultural heritage skills in Indigenous communities
- To be eligible for an ICH MG, organizations must have a mandate or a focus which includes Indigenous heritage and be:
- a British Columbia (BC) First Nation band or tribal council; GOLD
- a not-for-profit registered in BC in good standing and governed by Indigenous individuals (at least 51% of Directors identify as Indigenous); GOLD
- a First Nation school or adult education center operating in BC
- Additionally, applicants must:
- Demonstrate how their project contributes to the revitalization of Indigenous heritage; AND
- Demonstrate how the ICH MG will support emergent activities on a one-time basis; AND
- Submit a signed application (only one application per organization) with a realistic, balanced budget which demonstrates financial need and an achievable project timeline; AND
- Have completed all reporting for any previous projects funded by FPCC; AND
- Ensure all FPCC COVID-19 Program Guidelines are met.
For more information, visit https://fpcc.ca/program/indigenous-cultural-heritage-micro-grant/