The Prince George Community Foundation (PGCF) is offering grants semi-annually to registered charitable organizations performing worthwhile projects to enhance the quality of life in the City of Prince George.
The Prince George Community Foundation supports a broad range of projects that encompass one or more of the following characteristics:
- Provides a service to the community;
- Approaches a community challenge in an innovative fashion;
- Enhances the physical, mental, and/or emotional health and wellbeing of members of the community; or
- Strengthens the social, cultural, and/or environmental structure of the community.
- Demonstrates inclusivity, accessibility, and diversity of the community.
The Board seeks initiatives which will:
- Enhance the community structure.
- Involve individuals, groups, and organizations in the community.
- Recognize the abilities, skills, and resources that exist in the community.
- Respond creatively and effectively to local problems and challenges.
- Collaborate, facilitate and cooperate for the benefit of the community.
- Strengthen the social networks within the community and the commitment of its members to care for one another.
- Build on the community’s social capital and civic vitality.
- Regular Grant: Eligible projects that will be completed within 18 months of approval can receive a regular grant of up to $10,000. Partial funding may be considered depending on the number of applications and the quality of the proposals.
- Development Grant: A grant of up to $1,000 may be considered during any granting cycle for background research or the development of a business plan to support a future grant request.
The Foundation will Fund:
Funding is intended to cover projects that are incremental to an applicant’s core operations and are carried out over a specific timeframe. Projects considered for funding will encompass one or more of the following themes:
- Community organizations that are registered charities or qualified donees under the Income Tax Act are eligible to apply for grants from the Foundation.
- Organizations which are not registered charities or qualified donees with the Canada Revenue Agency can be eligible to apply for grants from the Foundation through a formalized partnership with an agency that is a CRA registered charity.
- The registered charity must:
- agree to have their charitable registration number used on the application.
- accept any flow-through funds on behalf of the applicant, and
- provide a letter stating their agreement to the grant application. The letter MUST be included in the application.
- An organization can apply once per grant cycle. Applicants are eligible for funding for the same or similar project two times in a 5-year period.
- Grants are not made to individuals or businesses.
- Organizations must demonstrate effective management and fiscal responsibility.
For more information, visit https://pgcf.ca/pgcf_semi-annual_grant_cycle