Applications are now open for Capacity Building for National Immunization Programs in the Eastern Mediterranean Region to strengthen capacity and performance of national immunization programs in countries of the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) to achieve regional vaccine preventable disease (VPD) control, elimination and eradication targets (i.e., polio eradication, measles and rubella elimination), reduce VPD-related morbidity and mortality, and address emerging public health threats such as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding: $ 15,300,000;
- Total Period of Performance Funding: $ 75,000,000;
- Total Period of Performance Length: 5 year(s);
- Expected Number of Awards: 1;
- Approximate Average Award: $ 15,300,000 per Budget Period;
- Budget Period Length: 12 month(s).
- Improved vaccination coverage in priority areas
- Polio and other VPD outbreaks stopped within globally established time frames
- Polio and other VPD surveillance quality improved
- Increased capacity and functionality of NITAGs
- Improved vaccination coverage nationally in targeted / focus countries;
- Reduction in polio and other VPD outbreaks / emergencies;
- Polio and other VPD surveillance quality maintained;
- Increased number of countries with NITAGs established and functional;
- Increased government ownership of EPI programs in priority / HR areas.
- Strengthened immunization systems;
- Strengthened VPD data and surveillance systems;
- Reduced VPD associated morbidity and mortality.
- Populations targeted with this NOFO include under-vaccinated populations and persons living in areas at high-risk for outbreaks of polio, measles/rubella and other VPDs in the EMR. This NOFO also targets the public health workforce including immunization and primary health care staff and the private sector, MOHs and other Government officials responsible for management of national health programs, and specifically immunization programs in priority countries of the EMR.
- Government Organizations;
- State governments or their bona fide agents (includes the District of Columbia);
- Local governments or their bona fide agents Territorial governments or their bona fide agents in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau State controlled institutions of higher education American Indian or
- Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized);
- Non-government Organizations;
- American Indian or Alaska native tribally designated organizations;
- Ministries of Health.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=331641