The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut (CFECT) is seeking applications for its Willimantic Welfare Bureau Fund Grants to support programs and services designed to promote self-sufficiency for residents of the Town of Windham through education and employment.
Priority is given to programs that:
- Promote individual and family economic security;
- Increase food security and access to nutritious food;
- Decrease homelessness through programs that promote diversion and intervention.
- Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for up to $8,000.
- Few grants are made at the maximum amount.
What CFECT will Fund?
- These grants must be for the benefit of residents of the town of Windham.
- Preference is given to programs that:
- Seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- Incorporate the voices of clients/consumers in planning;
- Are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- Include specific, measurable outcomes.
- Applicants generally must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent. They do not make grants to individuals or to for-profit endeavours.
- Applicants must serve one or more of the 42 communities in Eastern Connecticut.
- The program does not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. The program does not typically make grants for special events.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
- Grant reports must be received before a new grant award is made.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3q4sSsj