Applications are now open for The New Zealand Embassy Fund for Argentina and Paraguay. The Fund supports community projects in small scale that contribute to increasing the wellbeing of a community in the short term.
The projects must be in line with the mission of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, which seeks “sustainable development in developing countries, in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable, and prosperous world.
The New Zealand Embassy will support activities and projects in the areas of:
- Social and economic inclusion;
- Climate change and resilience;
- Transparency and citizen participation;
- Gender equality;
- Social and/or health issues related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Projects with a gender perspective, that can generate a major impact on the promotion of human rights and the environment will be specially considered.
- The maximum amount per project will be up to NZD $25,000, or the equivalent in local currency.
- Projects must be specific and have a duration of up to 6 months.
- Projects must be ended by June 2021.
- Political, religious or evangelical activities. Religious associations will not be excluded as long as the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the New Zealand Embassy Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions and the funds are not used to support proselytizing activities;
- Individual student scholarships;
- International travels/participation in conferences abroad;
- Sporting tours;
- Financing of operational costs of the benefited association, such as wages and salaries, office supplies, and communications;
- Seed funding;
- Capital assets: vehicles, computers.
- Recipients will be non-governmental organizations and community groups committed to non-profit development activities. Recipients must have legal status and a bank account under the name of the organization. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
- The call is open for organizations in Argentina and Paraguay.
All applications must be submitted as follows:
- Clearly written on the application form; additional information can be attached.
- Accompanied by budgets and purchase orders from suppliers of good and services when necessary.
- The form must be signed by a member responsible for the applicant organization.
- Send it via email to them.
- Those applications sent after the deadline will be out of the selection process. Only one project per organization will be received.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3jV80PG