The Change Our Game is seeking applications for its Community Activation Grants Program that will fund one-off gender equality in community sport workshops with a focus on diversity, inclusion and creating safe and welcoming environments for all.
Grants are available to support community sport and recreation organisations to attend a Change Our Game Community Activation online workshop involving members of their leadership group. This includes but is not limited to board and committee members, coaches, officials and captains.
The Change Our Game Community Activation Grants Program aims to address recommendations:
- Enhance participation choice and improve how opportunities are marketed;
- Showcase the pathways and opportunities through role models.
- The grant program will provide funding of $2,500 to successful applicants to coordinate their leadership groups and take part in an online workshop.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Community or club level organisations delivering sport and active recreation programs anywhere in Victoria may apply. State Sporting Associations, State Sport and Recreation Bodies and Local Government Authorities must apply in partnership with a community or club level organisation, who must lead and submit the application.
- Applicants must:
- be a non-government, not-for-profit organisation and be registered as an incorporated body at the time of application and for the project duration. If an applicant organisation is not registered as an incorporated body, it must arrange for a legally constituted organisation to manage the grant funds
- possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or provide a completed Australian Tax Office form (Statement by a supplier) so that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment
- have satisfactorily met reporting requirements on any previous or existing grants received from the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation and Sport and Recreation Victoria.
- Ineligible Applicants:
- Ineligible applicants are all entities and organisations except those listed in Eligible Applicants. School sport and recreation clubs, and university sport clubs that participate in inter-varsity competitions are ineligible to apply.
- Organisations that received a grant in the second round of 2019-20 Change Our Game Community Activation Grants Program are also ineligible to apply for this round of funding.
- Funding will not be provided to an organisation that has been notified by the National Redress Scheme Operator that it was named in an application prior to 1 July 2020 and does not join or intend to join the Scheme by 31 December 2020.
- Funding will not be provided to an organisation named in an application in relation to the Scheme for the first time and receives a Notice of Redress Liability after 1 July 2020, and does not join the Scheme within six months from the date of the Notice of Redress Liability.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3e5fbnm