The Chatham Kent Community Foundation has launched its Grant Program to support charitable organizations concerned with education, health, arts and culture, recreation and social services that operate for the citizens of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
What types of funding are available?
Funding is available from several streams.
- Donor Designated Funds (donors designate organizations to receive the proceeds of their endowment)
- Donor Advised Funds (donors consult annually on the disposition of the grant proceeds of their endowment)
- Transitional, in year Flow Through Funds (by specific agreement)
- Preference is given to projects which:
- Encourage more efficient use of community resources
- Expect to test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solution of community problems
- Are developed in consultation with other agencies and planning groups, and those which promote co-ordination, co-operation and sharing among organizations and the elimination of duplicated services
- Promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in the community
- Expect to strengthen internal management capabilities of agencies.
- Capital projects will be considered if there is a demonstrated need.
- Bursaries and scholarships are usually awarded to educational institutions and not to individuals.
- Grants are not usually made to support normal operating expenses of established organizations or programs.
- Grants are not made to establish or add to endowment funds.
- Grants are not usually made to support or sponsor major fund raising events, the proceeds of which are directed to the fund raising goal of another Foundation or charitable organization.
- Projects whose primary goal is to support the delivery of political or religious activities are not eligible.
- An organization must be a registered charity, able to provide a Revenue Canada Agency registration number.
- The organization must also provide programs/services within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
For more information, visit https://chathamkentcommunityfoundation.ca/for-grant-seekers/