To help children and youth to thrive, the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia makes grants with a focus in Child & Youth Development annually through the Community Investment Funds grant cycle.
The Child and Youth Fund is a component fund of The Permanent Fund for Northern Virginia, an unrestricted endowment at the Community Foundation that makes grants to help build a community that works for everyone.
Proposals in the following areas will be considered:
- Afterschool / Summer Activities
- Academic Achievement
Grant requests of $10,000 will be accepted.
The Community Foundation will consider grant applications that meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations providing charitable or educational services. Local, state and federal government entities are not eligible to apply.
- Grant requests for capacity building, program or general support purposes will be considered. Funding may be used to support, expand or enhance existing programs or to start new programs. Applications for capital improvements, endowments, or scholarship awards will not be considered.
- Grants will be made to organizations providing services in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William counties, plus the cities of Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church and Manassas/Manassas Park).
- Grant requests of $10,000 will be accepted.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be considered.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
For more information, visit https://www.cfnova.org/grants-and-scholarships/grants/community-investment-funds/child-and-youth-development