The City and County of Denver has created a new grant opportunity, the Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund (NPERF), to support nonprofits in Denver to continue critical programs and services for residents across a spectrum of needs.
It is one of Denver’s economic initiatives to support the nonprofit community during the COVID-19 pandemic. To-date, the NPERF has completed three rounds of funding that have provided $1.8 million in grants to 184 Denver nonprofits.
- The NPERF provides one-time grant assistance up to a maximum of $15,000 per grantee to eligible Denver nonprofit organizations to alleviate financial impacts resulting from COVID-19.
- Nonprofits who are operating within priority neighborhoods including Elyria– Swansea, Globeville, NE Parkhill, East Colfax, Montbello, Sun Valley, Valverde, Villa Park, West Colfax, Westwood. Organizations not located in these neighborhoods but serving these residents will also be prioritized if supporting documentation is provided.
- Nonprofits that provide service to vulnerable populations including under-resourced or historically marginalized groups such as communities of color, older adults, people experiencing poverty or homelessness, immigrants and refugees, people living with disabilities, LGBTQ+, veterans, and the people you serve are represented on your board and/or staff.
- Nonprofits whose pursuit of equity is expansive where language justice, underrepresented groups, and social/economic equity is meaningfully represented.
- Colorado registered nonprofit organizations, including those with a nonprofit fiscal partner who are engaged in activities that are legal under Colorado and federal law. Organization must be in good standing with local, state, and federal taxing and licensing authorities.
- This relief program is targeting nonprofit organizations experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID pandemic (increased demand, decreased income, new services). The organization need not be housed in Denver but must attest that the funds will be used to support residents of Denver.
For more information, visit https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-office-of-economic-development/housing-neighborhoods/nonprofit-emergency-relief-grants.html