The City & Borough of Juneau (CBJ), Alaska is requesting proposals from interested public or private non-profit organizations to provide youth programs in accordance with priorities established by the City and Borough Assembly and the Youth Advisory Board (YAB).
This grant program is designed to encourage local organizations providing or desiring to provide athletic, cultural, artistic, or extra-curricular academic activity programs to the youth of Juneau. The Youth Activities Program will only serve Juneau’s youth ages 1 to 19 years of age unless the program is intended for disabled youth in which case, the program may serve youth no older than 20 years of age.
Funding will not be awarded for administrative costs, operational costs of facilities, capital costs for facilities, or salaries and benefits for coaches or instructors. Any costs for these non-allowable items will be deducted from your total request and the adjusted amount will be used in determining your final award. Funding will be allowed for a special artist, educator, or coach offering a program in Juneau.
- The amount available for Youth Activities Grants for Fiscal Year 2022 will be up to $315,875.
- Program must be offered by a public or private non-profit organization.
- All Programs/Activities from the Juneau School District are not eligible to apply for funding under this Request for Proposal.
- Special consideration will be given to:
- Agencies that receive no other funding from the CBJ.
- Organizations that provide scholarship funds for youth activity programs out of their own budget (this does not include scholarships provided with CBJ funds).
For more information, visit https://juneau.org/parks-recreation/youth-grants