The City of Gold Coast is inviting proposals for the Community Grants Program to support community organisations to deliver projects that are in the public interest and that benefit Gold Coast residents.
- Applications from $1,000 to $20,000 are welcomed.
- All projects funded by the Community Grants Program must be acquitted within eight weeks of project completion or 12 months from the date of remittance of funds (whichever is earlier).
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate a public interest benefit for the project
- demonstrate that the project has a defined outcome that will benefit residents of the Gold Coast
- complete the project within 12 months of the date of remittance of funds (unless Council has resolved to enter into a multiple year funding agreement).
- be a community organisation
- operate within the Gold Coast
- have an adequate level of public liability insurance for the project (where appropriate), and
- not be an ineligible applicant.
Ineligible applicants are defined under Council’s Community Grants Policy as:
- Council’s controlled entities
- Placemakers Gold Coast Ltd.
- Gold Coast Education and Training Network Incorporated
- Gold Coast Tourism Corporation Ltd.
- community organisations that receive funding raised via any special rate, separate levy or charge of Council (e.g. Volunteer Fire Brigade Charge) in the same financial year in which an application for grant funding is received under this policy
- political advocacy groups or those who provide political donations
- government bodies (excluding primary and secondary schools)
- political parties, chambers of commerce, industry association or body corporate
- any community organisation that has an outstanding acquittal for grant funding received under this policy.
For more information, visit https://www.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/community/community-grants-program-3339.html