The City of Hamilton invests in the community by providing grants through the City Enrichment Fund.
The City Enrichment Fund (CEF) has 6 Programs:
- Agriculture: To support organizations, events, and activities that engage the public to strengthen and celebrate agriculture and its contribution to the economy and quality of life in Hamilton. To encourage action-oriented initiatives across the agriculture community that maintains and builds the strength of the sector.
- Arts: To provide opportunities for residents of Hamilton to enjoy and actively participate in the arts while:
- Enhancing social, economic, and cultural prosperity
- Building strength in the arts sector
- Communities, Culture & Heritage: To support organizations, events and activities that engage the public in strengthening and celebrating community identity – the people, places, and things that makeup Hamilton.
- Community Services: To invest in both established and emerging community programs that meet identified community needs, build community capacity and support the new City of Hamilton’s strategic priorities 2016-2025 through the Future Hamilton – Community Vision.
- Environment: To invest in action-oriented initiatives that:
- Protect, rehabilitate, or enhance the natural environment
- Provide residents and visitors to Hamilton with access to natural spaces
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Address the challenges and/or build resilience to the impacts of climate change
- Strengthen the local environmental sector or local environmental organizations
- Sport & Active Lifestyles: To provide opportunities for all the people of Hamilton to enjoy and actively participate in sports while:
- Enhancing social, economic, and cultural opportunities
- Building community pride and connection
The following types of organizations are eligible within the City Enrichment Fund.
- Incorporated not-for-profit organizations
- Organizations with a charitable number
- Community associations
- Unincorporated groups with not-for-profit goals and governance structure.
- Creation & Presentation artists and collectives (Arts Program Only).
- Funded activities must take place within the city of Hamilton.
Have the Following Information Ready before you apply
- Program/Project Name
- Program Area
- Applicant E‐mail Address
- Organization Name & Legal Name (if different)
- Organization and Project/Program Descriptions & Details.
When Filling Out the Application
- You will be able to download the program budget template to fill and reattach on the last page of the online application form. Kindly refer to the program-specific handbook for eligible and ineligible items related to your stream.
- When filling out descriptions you can exit the comment box by selecting the ‘close’ button.
- Once you fill in the application, the system will require you to review it to ensure mandatory fields have been filled before you hit submit. You will receive a notification.
For more information, visit https://www.hamilton.ca/community-funding-grant-programs/city-enrichment-fund/city-enrichment-fund