The City and District of North Vancouver provide these grants in order to:
- To provide local government endorsement to better attract funding from more senior levels of government, donors, and foundations;
- To assist groups with the delivery of services which work to reduce social, economic or physical disadvantage; and/or which improve the quality of life for residents;
- To serve vulnerable and hard to reach populations in areas where the municipalities do not provide services;
- To effect positive social change;
- To provide seed money to enable quick responses to changing and / or unmet community needs.
The maximum grant available from the City of North Vancouver is $15,000.
The organization applying for a grant must be:
- A not-for-profit with a BC Society No. and/or Charitable Registration No.
- Providing services to residents of the municipality(ies) from which funding is requested.
- Seeking sources of funding other than North Vancouver Municipal Community Grants.
- Able to provide proof of financial responsibility (latest financial statement).
For more information, visit https://www.cnv.org/city-services/planning-and-policies/grants-and-funding/community-grants