The City of Wetaskiwin is seeking applications for the Grant-in-Aid to support organizations that enrich the Community through projects and events that benefit the City as a whole. This policy establishes qualifications for Aid, the application process, and the reporting process. This policy shall ensure that organizations are fairly considered for Aid.
The Aid provided by the City shall be used to help organizations start new and beneficial events and projects in the City.
The City of Wetaskiwin shall consider requests for support of projects which pertain to the following areas:
- Arts and Culture: Projects which promote any visual, audio, or conceptual art, or the culture of any people, or peoples who are residents of the City;
- Heritage: Projects which promote the history of the Wetaskiwin and area;
- Recreation: Projects which pertain to leisure and recreation activities;
- Environment: Projects that promote or support the well-being of the environment;
- Community Pride: Projects that promote the City of Wetaskiwin and celebrate its people.
Organizations may receive Grant Aid Funding pursuant to the following criteria:
- Up to 50% of funding for projects that have a budget of $1,000 or less;
- Up to 25% of funding for projects that have a budget between $1,000 and $2,000;
- Up to 10% of funding for projects that have a budget between $2,000 and $5,000.
Aid may be used for
- Capital Expenditures;
- Operational Expenditures; and
- Operational and capital needs for In-Kind Aid. Such instances may include cases where the cost of providing Grant Aid would greatly exceed the City-cost of providing in-kind aid, and would benefit the organization in the same way.
Eligible organizations are:
- Based in the City of Wetaskiwin; and
- In good standing with the City.
Grant funding shall not be used for:
- Work done or materials obtained prior to the Aid being approved;
- Projects or operational responsibilities for which other organizations or levels of government have a legislated responsibility for;
- Organizations currently receiving a City of Wetaskiwin property tax exemption;
- Organizations which have a special funding agreement approved by Council; or
- Any organization where the primary goal of the event is fundraising.
For more information, visit https://www.wetaskiwin.ca/636/Grant-Information