The City of Wodonga is seeking applications for Community Impact Grants program to empower community organizations and individuals to grow ideas in an innovative and creative way, as well as looking to improve the city.
The program provides funding to support projects/events under the categories listed below:
- Building stronger communities: This is for projects which encourage people to strengthen their community.
- Environmental sustainability: This is for projects which will improve the natural environment of Wodonga.
- Community events: This is for events both small and large where there is a demonstrated benefit to the community.
- Arts and culture: This is to celebrate and showcase artistic abilities in a wide cross-section of areas and mediums.
Community organizations, workplaces and individuals auspiced by a community organization can apply for grants ranging from $500 to $3000.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible for funding under the Community Impact Grants Program, applicants must:
- Provide direct benefits to residents of Wodonga;
- Be not-for-profit as classified by the Australian Tax Office in the Income Tax Assessment Act (1936);
- Be an incorporated organization, group or association or be an interest group in the community that has an auspicing body;
- Hold an adequate public liability insurance policy to cover the staff, members and the general public, as appropriate; and,
- Have an adequate risk management plan in place, as required.
In the case of a large scale event:
- An event plan must be submitted with the grant application; and,
- Proof of public liability insurance to the value of at least $10 million must be provided.
For more information, visit https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/About-Council/Our-Community/Grants-sponsorship/Community-Impact-Grants-program