Funding will be offered in the following categories:
- Programs, activities or initiatives that develop community capacity and/or services that meet identified community needs. This could include dance groups, community based groups and sport and recreation groups.
- Programs, activities or initiatives that provide art/cultural experiences and programs for the local community.
Grant applications will receive higher priority if:
- Aligned with an identified need or issue within the community.
- Is developed in consultation with the community.
- Creates opportunities to enhance skills.
- Encourages community participation in the project.
- Provides opportunities for sections of the community that do not normally access programs or activities.
- Exposes the community to a range of opportunities not currently available.
- There is contribution from the applicant organisation.
Generally, grant applications will receive lower priority if:
- They are for recurring projects or services.
- The project is for a private facility.
- The project is of a commercial nature.
- The project is associated with licensed premises.
Provides eligible not-for-profit community groups and individuals, with funding of up to $3,000, to develop and present new projects, programs and activities, that have a direct benefit to the Albury community.
Funding will not be available for the following:
- Applications for uniforms or merchandise
- A contribution towards operating costs for which you organisation is already receiving funding from Federal or State Government or other funding sources.
- An organisation with substantial unallocated financial resources.
- Recurrent salary costs or contribution to salary costs of existing positions in an organisation.
- Building or capital improvements.
- Projects that are or have the potential to be significantly funded from other sources ie fees or sponsorship
- Duplication of services.
- Projects that are currently funded by AlburyCity, whether cash or in-kind.
- Activities outside of the AlburyCity Local Government Area.
- Each application will be assessed by the panel with successful applicants having funds made available in the 2020/21 financial year to assist in the completion of their project.
For more information, visit https://www.alburycity.nsw.gov.au/grants-and-funding/community-and-cultural