The Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking applications for the Community Economic Development Grant Program to support programs and projects that benefit local businesses and the broader community.
The program has been developed to help achieve the community’s vision for a ‘dynamic and diverse economy creating industry development and employment opportunities’.
Objectives and Outcomes
- The Community Economic Development Grant Program seeks to achieve the community’s vision for a “dynamic and diverse economy creating industry development and employment opportunities” by providing support for projects that aim to achieve one or more of the following:
- Support the effective implementation of the Toowoomba Region Economic Development Strategy and the Community Growth Action Plans.
- Encourage the establishment, growth and retention of sustainable businesses which enhance the region’s reputation for innovation, creativity, diversity and sustainability.
- Foster new partnerships and collaboration between businesses and business support groups.
- Create employment opportunities and increase the level of business investment in the region.
- Grants of up to $10,000 are available for any one project, but requests for smaller grants are encouraged.
- The maximum grant amount available for any one project is determined by the amount of matching cash the applicant can confirm will be contributed to the project.
- Grants for projects with a total cash cost of up to $5,000 do not require a cash contribution from the applicant.
- Grants for projects with a total cash cost of over $5,000 require a matching cash contribution from the applicant for grant amounts of between $5,000 and $10,000.
- It is mandatory that projects:
- Help to achieve the objectives of the Toowoomba Region Economic Development Strategy and/or Community Growth Action Plans, and;
- Deliver one or more of the following outcomes:
- Connect local businesses
- Encourage business innovation
- Build business capacity and skills
- Contribute to the ease of doing business
- Enable partnerships and collaboration between businesses and/or organisations in the Toowoomba region
- Address a local workforce gap
- Assist towards planning, professional and application fees in preparing grant applications for larger projects
- Funding for the continuation of existing projects will be considered, however preference will be given to new or unique projects that have not been delivered in the past.
- Organisations can apply for a Community Economic Development Grant if they:
- are an eligible community organisation or is under the auspices of an eligible community organisation as defined in the Community Grants Policy.
- operates or provides services within the Toowoomba Regional Council area.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- The following, would not be eligible to apply:
- For-profit companies, Trusts and other organisations.
- Government, semi-government organisations and statutory authorities.
- Public and private educational institutions (primary, secondary and tertiary including Parents & Citizens and Parents & Friends Associations).
- Unions and student guilds.
- Research foundations and professional associations.
- An organisation that has been granted approval for support through a Toowoomba Regional Council funding program for the same project.
- Recipients who have previously defaulted on the conditions of funding.
- An organisation that has not acquitted an overdue TRC funded grant application.
- Community Economic Development Grants will also not fund:
- Loan or other debt repayments.
- Projects already started or completed.
- Recurrent administration and running costs, such as:
- Regular wages
- Regular office expenses.
- Projects with a commercial purpose.
- Projects already funded by other Toowoomba Regional Council Grant programs.
- Prize money, trophies, raffle prizes or fundraising.
For more information, visit Toowoomba Regional Council.