The Community Foundation of Frederick County is accepting applications for the FY2021 Strategic Grants.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This grant cycle allows applicants to apply for grants to support services related to the Community Foundation’s 2019 Strategic Initiatives. Multiple applications are permitted.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Supporting families with children
- Continue or increase opportunities for all families with children to thrive in Frederick County
- Continue or increase stability and opportunities for growth in families with children whose household earnings are below the ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) threshold
- Preparing for a growing aging population
- Continue or increase ability for seniors to age in place in the most optimal and appropriate environment
- Continue or increase access to information and resources on aging for current seniors, rising seniors, and their caregivers
- Responding to Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- Continue or increase access to timely and qualified treatment and recovery options for individuals experiencing SUD
- Continue or increase provision of SUD-related education and prevention programs
- Continue or increase capacity for collecting and analyzing data related to people impacted by SUD and the programs that serve them
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- A total of at least $280,000 will be available for grantmaking
- Minimum request: $1,000
Grants must be used during the period of November 1, 2020 through March 31, 2022.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The Community Foundation administers grants to organizations providing direct benefits to Frederick County, Maryland. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a grant.
- The applicant must be:
- An already existing nonprofit, 501c3 organization in good standing with the IRS.
- A government/quasi-governmental agency applying for an extraordinary project that is not funded by tax revenue.
- A religious organization requesting funding for non-sectarian activities.
- A civic group that is not a 501c3 organization requesting funding for a community cause.
Required Financial Information
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
In addition, grant applications must include financial information for the applicant as a whole.
- Applicants with annual charitable contributions less than $300,000 are required to complete a prescribed financial form as part of the grant application. Faith-based applicants and applicants who are chapters of a “parent” organization must also complete this financial form if they do not have their own audit or independent financial review. Quasi-government agencies applying must also complete the prescribed financial form.
- Applicants with charitable contributions over $300,000 but less than $750,000 must upload a financial review performed by an independent certified public accountant within the last year.
- Applicants with charitable contributions over $750,000 must upload their most current audit performed by an independent certified public accountant.
For more information, visit https://www.frederickcountygives.org/Grants-Scholarships/Grants
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.