The Community Foundation of Lethbridge & Southwestern Alberta is seeking applications for its Henry S. Varley Fund for Rural Life to enhance and sustain a quality of life in the rural communities of southwestern Alberta.
The purpose of this fund is to provide support for a high quality of life throughout rural Southwestern Alberta, through organizations, projects, and initiatives that enhance rural communities.
Charities that are seeking funding for activities within the City of Lethbridge, as the urban centre of this region, are not eligible for funding.
Grants are considered for organizations with activities and programs that fit best within one of the six Vital Signs Impact Areas:
- Community Connections
- Lifelong Learning
- Living Standards
- Healthy Communities
- Cultural Life
Charities or Qualified Donees will choose one or more categories to submit an application:
- Innovation – Project initiatives proposed by one or more qualified donees that encourage innovation through new approaches, new models, and new ways of making change for individuals in our communities.
- Community Collaboration –Project initiatives funded by the Henry S. Varley Fund that will encourage collaboration and work together to build inclusive responses to local issues.
- Education and training initiatives – The quality of life in rural communities thrives through employment opportunities.
- Education and training initiatives that support organizations that will develop and enhance the skills to strengthen organizations that support the rural community.
- Information and research initiatives – Projects that arise as the result of research and information initiatives that impact the rural community and quality of life of its citizens.NOTE: If dates fall on a weekend, applications are due on the following Monday.
For more information, visit http://www.cflsa.ca/grants