The Community Foundation of Mendocino County is offering the Non-Profit Relief Grant program to mitigate some of the unique difficulties faced by the non-profit sector in Mendocino County.
Grants will be made to a broad range of non-profit organizations whose mission fits into one of the following categories:
- Sense of place: including but not limited to community centers, community-enhancing projects, and the preservation of community heritage and history.
- Environment: including but not limited to land conservation, open space, and environmental education.
- Healthy Communities: including but not limited to health and safety, volunteer emergency services, senior programs and services, youth activities, garden projects, parks and trails, poverty programs, and alcohol and other drug prevention/intervention.
- Economic and Leadership Development: including but not limited to programs that encourage entrepreneurship, workforce readiness, and volunteerism.
- Education: including but not limited to libraries and education programs in schools and community settings.
- Arts and Humanities: including but not limited to art in public places, programs that encourage art in community institutions (community centers and schools), and “art for art’s sake.”
- Range of grant awards: $500-$5,000
- Winter 2021 round of funding available: $100,000
To be eligible for this program the applicant organizations must:
- serve residents of Mendocino County. Applicants not headquartered in Mendocino County must ensure that all grant dollars requested are spent within the County and are not eligible for general operating support;
- be legally chartered in California and in possession of determination letter from the IRS declaring the organization a public charity that is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3); or have an aligned mission with a fiscal sponsor;
- have three full fiscal years of operational history;
- be governed by a volunteer board of directors that is representative of the community and comprised of at least three unrelated members with diverse areas of expertise, unless formed by election or appointment; and,
- conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or religious affiliation.
For more information, visit https://www.communityfound.org/grants-scholarships/nonprofit-relief/